Financial aid offer timeline
Incoming first-year undergraduate students
- If you are admitted to the University and have a completed FAFSA on file, you will receive a paper estimated financial aid offer notice by mail.
All current and new students
- You will receive an email with instructions on how to respond to your financial aid offer for the upcoming academic year.
- You will need to respond to your award offer and complete required loan documentation before you receive any loans that are included with your financial aid offer.
Approximately one week before class starts (fall and spring semesters)
- Your financial aid will be disbursed to your University student account.
- If you have excess funds after your tuition, fees, housing, and other authorized charges are paid, that money will be sent to the bank account you designated for direct deposit or refunded to you in a check to your address on file.
- If you have additional tuition, fees, housing or other charges that are not covered by your financial aid, you will receive a bill for those charges.
- Financial Aid continues to be offered and disbursed throughout the term as students accept and respond to their award offers.