Some classes may require permission from an instructor or department before you can register. You may need permission if:
- You have not completed course prerequisites.
- Your completed prerequisites are transfer courses.
- You want to register for a closed class or a class that has reserved seats.
- You want to register during the time period when permission is required.
Get permission from the instructor of the class or the department that offers the class. You will either be placed on the permission list for the class in the registration system or be given a permission number.
Once you have permission, you may register for the class. If you have been given a permission number, enter it in the Shopping Cart when you enroll.
- Log into MyU and select the Academics tab.
- Click the Registration sub-tab.
- Click the Register button.
- Select the appropriate term. If you are only eligible to access the Shopping Cart for one term, skip this step.
- Find the class you were provided permission to register for by entering the five-digit class number or by searching.
- Confirm that you have the correct class and select your enrollment preferences.
- Enter the permission number you were given into the Permission Nbr field, and then click the Next button.
- The class has been added to your shopping cart. Click the Proceed to Step 2 of 3 button to continue.
- Confirm your class selection, and then click Finish Enrolling.
- View your results. A green checkmark indicates you are successfully registered.
To open the guide in a new window, use the full-screen version.