Add your personal pronouns and/or gender identity to your student record through MyU: My Info. You can also enable your personal pronouns in Zoom and add them to your Canvas profile.
How to set pronouns and/or gender identity
- Log into MyU and select the My Info tab.
- Click the Edit button in the Gender Identity/Pronouns heading.
- Click on the Personal Pronouns or Gender Identity row.
- Select from one of the provided options. You also have the option of entering your own.
- When you are done, click the Save button.
- Confirm your selection on the My Info tab.
To open the guide in a new window, use the full-screen version.
Where your pronouns appear
When you confirmed your enrollment to the University, some of your personal information, like your name, ID number, and demographic information, was made available to the University employees who work with you, including staff, faculty and some student employees.
If you decide to share your personal pronouns in MyU, your pronouns will be included along with other information provided to University employees.
Examples of where your personal pronouns will be available:
- The class roster provided to instructors and staff including your photo
- The student record in University systems that advisors and other student services staff use to work with you (Advisor Center, APLUS, and PeopleSoft)
If you decide to add your personal pronouns to Zoom or Canvas, they will appear separately in these systems and will not be shared anywhere else.
Where your gender identity appears
Gender identity is not shared with class instructors or other campus partners, including health services. Authorized University employees with access to your bio-demographic information will also have access to view your gender identity.
Parents or guests who have been granted access to your student account will not see your personal pronouns or gender identity when accessing your student account.