Reciprocity programs

The University has reciprocity agreements with the states of Wisconsin, North Dakota, and the province of Manitoba, Canada.

The South Dakota Board of Regents ended the prior reciprocity agreement agreement between Minnesota and South Dakota.

You must apply for reciprocity prior to the term in which you plan to register. You need to apply for reciprocity through the higher education office in your state or province. For information and application forms, check with your home state's reciprocity office below:

For more information on reciprocity applications, visit the MN Office of Higher Education.

You will receive an approval letter from your home state when your reciprocity application has been approved. The University is notified by your home state when your reciprocity agreement has been approved. After your first year, provided that you have earned credits on campus, your reciprocity automatically renews.