Personal registration time
To view your personal registration time, go to MyU: Academics and click on the "Registration" tab. Use the Registration Shopping Cart to register for classes anytime after your appointed time. Learn how to find your specific registration time.
Registration is unavailable during weekly maintenance on Sundays, 3:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
General registration dates
General registration dates on the academic calendar
Online Course Registration Priority
Online degree-seeking students who are officially admitted to an approved online degree program are given priority for registration in all online courses offered during the fall and spring semesters (designated by class sections E90, E91, etc.) This will insure that “place-bound” students have the first opportunity to enroll in online classes. There is, however, no priority registration for summer session.
- Online Students (in an approved online major): may register at or after their registration queue time (no permission number required unless class is full).
- On-campus degree-seeking students: may register at or after their registration queue time but approval and permission number is required from the department offering the course.
- Non-degree/PSEO students: See schedule below (on a space available basis).
- Multi-institutional students may seek out a permission number from the corresponding department as soon as open enrollment begins. Because seat availability varies for each department, program, and course, it is up to the discretion of the department when permission numbers are given.
Registration stages for summer and fall 2023 semester classes
You are randomly assigned to a stage based on the total number of cumulative credits. For the purposes of assigning registration times, cumulative credit total includes both completed and in-progress credits. Audit courses are not counted in the cumulative credits, nor are they counted as credits in progress.
|Stage 1||Student Athletes||April 3, 2023|
|Stage 2||Seniors – Undergraduates with 90 or more cumulative credits||April 4-6, 2023|
|Stage 3||Juniors – Undergraduates with 60 – 89.99 cumulative credits||April 10-12, 2023|
|Stage 4||Sophomores – Undergraduates with 30 – 59.99 cumulative credits||April 13-17, 2023|
|Stage 5||Freshmen – Undergraduates with less than 29.99 cumulative credits||April 18-19, 2023|
|Stage 6||“Current” Non-Degree students (fall on-campus classes only)||April 20, 2023|
|Stage 7||Open Enrollment begins (PSEO students and multi-institutional students with permission number)||April 21, 2023|
|Stage 8||New Non-Degree/PSEO students (fall online classes)||August 1, 2023|
View your registration time
Your registration time is the earliest time you are able to register for a given term. It is important to know your registration time to prepare for registration.
- Log into MyU and select the Academics tab.
- Click the Registration sub-tab.
- View the date and time you can register for the most recent term.
- If you want to select a different term, click the arrows at the top.
- At the bottom of the page, you can see open enrollment dates when registration is open to everyone.
To open the guide in a new window, use the full-screen version.