Return to the U

Whether you're returning after an approved leave of absence or you did not register for one semester or more (except for summer), you may choose to return to the University to complete your degree. Your college office will determine your eligibility to return, your status in your major or degree program, and confirm the program/degree requirements in effect upon your return.

Please note that any holds in place prior to your leave will remain in effect upon your return. For example, if you were on academic probation prior to your leave, you will return to the University on probation.

Steps to return

  1. If you completed coursework at another institution during your leave of absence, submit official transcripts to the Office of Admissions.
  2. Complete a Readmission form. Do this at least 2 weeks before the term starts for which you plan to register. More details about returning can be found on the form.

Return from academic suspension

If you were placed on academic suspension and wish to resume your studies at the University, work with the Office of the Registrar and your academic advisor. Readmission to the University is not automatic and is dependent on the reason of your suspension and subsequent changes made.